Thursday, April 13, 2006

Welcome

Well, here is my first post to my new blog. I intend for it to be a place for me to record my crafts and sewing work. Usually all my projects are for my daughter Sahara who just turned 2 years old. Also occasionally I may post something about java programming as that is what I do all day.

My project for the last couple days was making a bench for Sahara's tea table. I purchased a wooden box from Michaels and primed it, then painted it white with a latex non-toxic paint. Last night we went to a great fabric store in Portland, Fabric Depot. Sahara fell in love with a cowgirl print fabric that was a vinal covered fabric. While it wasn't the frilly girly tea party look I had in my mind, it was perfect for her. I got some foam and upholstered the top with the new fabric. It was a tad higher than I had expected, but as she gets bigger it will work. I have decided to get another bench when the 50% off coupon is valid and make another for both sides of the tea table. I was going to get some chairs, but I can't beat the storage on these seats. If there is extra vinal I may make a swim bag that I saw on another blog.

No comments: